Sunday 18 February 2007

The Slippery Slope

Well, Sunday dawned to the sound of me screaming at the computer. What I thought to be a nice, gentle cross country race up Helm Hill just outside Kendal had somehow turned into a 4 mile (well, 4.6 mile), 1200 foot ordeal in the blink of an eye. Oh dear. Having spent rather more time last week exercising (nice, easy race on Sunday...), and bimbling around in the hills on Saturday, I was as ill prepared as I could be. Still. The day was very spring-like and warm. So, the 1200 foot of ascent was broken up into large and small chunks, which challenged the mind as well as the rest of me. It was two laps of of this hilly course, which I do believe was the hardest race to date in the series (I say that every week). I staggered in somewhere between W.G. Grace and Sir Stanley Matthews, in case you're interested...

No comments: