Sunday 11 February 2007

Barbon Fell Race


Another hilly course today- 1200 ft of ascent, and perhaps more importantly here, descent. Apparently, it was de rigeur amongst the faster runners to make the descent on one's derriere due to the steepness. Of course, bringing up the rear as I was, I bimbled happily down the mud in rather more dignified fashion.

I should say that running up and down hills is not without its rewards- we've been able to sample some of Cumbria's finest tea shops after the races. Two visits to the tea shop in Grange, where I had the finest Earl Grey imaginable, a visit to Orton, and today, a stop in Dent for some chocolate milkshake. Of course, a visit to Dent couldn't be made without a pilgrimage to the Sun Inn, where a bit of Oakham's JHB was put down...in the interests of research, you understand...

And in case you were wondering, W.G. Grace burnt me off on the first uphill section of the race...sigh...

No comments: